What is WCAG and why is it important?
WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) (ang. Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) is the act of April 4, 2019 about the digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities (Dz.U. 2019 poz. 848). According to it, public entities are obliged to implement digital accessibility on their websites and in mobile applications.
Why should you consider an accessible website and online application?
- Your business will be available to every Internet user
- You will take a big step towards running a business in accordance with social responsibility
- You will expand the group of potential recipients – people with disabilities will also be able to use your services or products
- Digital accessibility is the access of people with disabilities to services or products that they could not use before or it was associated with overcoming serious difficulties or involving people to help
- You will improve the website’s UX – the available website is friendly, understandable and intuitive for every user
- It is equal opportunities and access to knowledge and information, but also the possibility of dealing with everyday matters online, such as shopping, settling official matters or registering a visit to the clinic
Business Development Manager
Digital availability – what does it mean?
It is a website or mobile application prepared in such a way to enable the use of its content by all users. People with disabilities such as:
- visual impairment
- hearing loss/ impairment
- vision and hearing impairment
- physical disabilities/ motor impairment
- cognitive and learning disabilities
4 important elements of the accessible website or mobile application:
Content must be perceivable
Interface elements in the content must be operable
Content and controls must be understandable
Content must be robust enough to work with current and future technologies
Do you need a free consultation? Contact one of our global representatives
We have collected for you a database of materials about the availability and WCAG standards. You’ll find a lot of news that we hope will convince you to move to online availability. Do you run a business in the medical, service, e-commerce, financial or other industries? See why it is worth implementing WCAG standards and adapting the online service to the needs of people with disabilities: