_US Energy Provider Optimizes Operational Data and UI with ThingWorx IoT Platform
- Data integration and security
- Precise dashboards for web browsers
- Platform for data integration and mobile applications
- Operational data optimization
About the customer
US energy provider specializing in innovative energy solutions.
- 200+ facilities,
- 25+ years’ experience,
- 250+ US employees.
The energy provider collected field system data but faced the challenge of lacking a means to share it efficiently with their customers. TT PSC and Rockwell Automation identified the energy provider’s needs for a solution that could:
- Enable data integration from multiple sources including historians and live PLC data.
- Enable detailed dashboards to present live and historical data via standard web browser.
- Limit customer access to only data from their own systems by secure user login.
- Support field systems with different mixes of equipment types.
- Provide a platform for future data integration and mobile applications.
The energy provider selected TT PSC to implement the solution based on the ThingWorx IoT platform. Solution elements included:
- Detailed dashboards with over 200 live values and drill-down screens provide real-time equipment status and historical trend charts for easy monitoring and analysis.
- Alarm displays for operational events of the equipment.
- Access via standard web browsers for viewing on any laptop or mobile device.
- Data collection from FactoryTalk Historian, FT Linx Gateway, and SQL database.
- Hosting in Azure cloud.
Through harnessing the power of the ThingWorx IoT platform, this project implementation achieved a solution that produced the following outcomes:
- Elevated brand consistency and identity on the dashboard.
- Enriched user experience and enhanced data visualization.
- Improved user satisfaction.
- Boosted user productivity.
With the goal of delivering its customers with a real-time self-service dashboard showing equipment status, the client turned to Transition Technologies PSC (TT USA) to lead the seamless integration of ThingWorx IoT platform to existing data sources.