Oerlikon is a Swiss-based global innovation powerhouse for surface engineering, polymer processing and additive manufacturing. Its Surface Solutions division offers a comprehensive portfolio of market-leading thin-film, thermal spray and additive manufacturing technologies, equipment, components and materials. The division’s technology brand, Oerlikon Balzers, is a leading provider of surface technologies that improve the performance and durability of precision components and extend tool life for the metal and plastics processing industries, with a network of more than 110 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
As a partner for the digitalization strategy, TT PSC was commissioned by Oerlikon Balzers to develop a customized application for the sales process and a customer portal to digitalize and accelerate the entire order process up to order management.
- Order management is to be simplified for both sales and the customer #digitalization
- The sales process should be shortened and a faster got-to-market achieved #customerservice
- Consistent transparency and availability of data relevant to the sales process should be ensured #datatransparency
- All sales-relevant details are documented directly in the CAT app with the smartphone at the customer’s site.
- Images are taken directly with the CAT app, so all production steps are clarified in advance.
- Quotation requests are sent directly to the CRM.
- the person responsible for the offer is automatically notified of the offer request by e-mail.
- Since this is a mobile application, React and AWS cloud were used as the technology.
- In order to simplify communication between all parties involved (customer, sales, production/service), a photo capture and a DrawOnImage functionality were integrated.
Main results and advantages
- Significantly shortened time to market.
- Significantly faster quotation preparation, as all information is consolidated in one place.
- Process integration and digitalization: Avoid media discontinuities. Continuous standardized recording of information.